Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hymns

Options
  • 23-03-2010 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help here.

A grand-aunt of mine has died and my mam has asked me to put together a CD with some hymns on it for the crematorium, as they have told her that they don't supply the music. They have a CD player though.

I'd like some nice, funeral-friendly versions of the following hymns, if you could recommend at all. If you could let me know the singer, so I can have a look on iTunes see if I can download them.

I hope this is the correct place for this question.

The hymns in question are:

Walk with me O Lord - I've been looking on YouTube, and all I can see is really upbeat black Gospel versions of this, which I don't think are suitable for a cremation of a 90+ year old lady :D

Hail Queen of Heaven - I don't know this hymn at all

The Lord is my Shepherd - I remember this one alright.

Ideally, I think I'd prefer if there was a woman singing these hymns, but that is not entirely essential.

Thanks folks.

Des

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Des wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm looking for some help here.

A grand-aunt of mine has died and my mam has asked me to put together a CD with some hymns on it for the crematorium, as they have told her that they don't supply the music. They have a CD player though.

I'd like some nice, funeral-friendly versions of the following hymns, if you could recommend at all. If you could let me know the singer, so I can have a look on iTunes see if I can download them.

I hope this is the correct place for this question.

The hymns in question are:

Walk with me O Lord - I've been looking on YouTube, and all I can see is really upbeat black Gospel versions of this, which I don't think are suitable for a cremation of a 90+ year old lady :D

Hail Queen of Heaven - I don't know this hymn at all

The Lord is my Shepherd - I remember this one alright.

Ideally, I think I'd prefer if there was a woman singing these hymns, but that is not entirely essential.

Thanks folks.

Des

Was she a Roman Catholic? Because if not, I'd leave out the "Hail Queen of Heaven"

"Praise my soul the King of Heaven" is a hymn of (restrained) joy that you'll find various versions of on Utoob. I played it at my recent wedding :)

Here's a nice choir version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcD8k_76enw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, she was RC.

Sorry mate, but I've been asked for specific hymns, I'm not about to go putting together a random collection.

Thanks though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, she was RC.

Sorry mate, but I've been asked for specific hymns, I'm not about to go putting together a random collection.

Thanks though. :)

Sorry, misunderstood

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

Katherine Jenkins has sung some hymns, I think including lord is my shepherd. She has an amazing voice and it should be wonderful.

Advertisement