Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depositing via Moneybooker

Options
  • 23-03-2010 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I used to play poker on GJP etc, but if I'm ever playing anymore it's typically just a quick game on Betfair (I hate it but it just happens to be where my money is). Recently I've made a few transfers to Betfair (over €500 lets say) using my laser card...no fees involved etc. I've withdrawn close to that amount already so that's all okay. But now I'm worried that the banks might look upon this unfavourably in months/years to come if I was to apply for a loan/mortgage/whatever.

So I've got around 1k (not currently in the account I use to transfer funds) that I'd like to throw into my account and just leave it at that for the moment. Doing this through laser does not look too good in my opinion (lodgement of 1k to bank A from bank B, then transfer from bank A to Betfair account).

What I'm asking is this: Would it look any better if I was to lodge money to bank A account and then transfer it to a Moneybooker account? Problem is, surely they'll put two and two together and see that I've done this recently after all the laser transactions. What, um, excuse would you give for this?

Appreciate reading, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

If you hate befair and dont want any record of your deposit why not just play on Paddy power/boyles/ladbrokes and you can depoist the money in one of their shops and have no record of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JonathanD

Well maybe hate was a strong word to use but I use Betfair mainly so I'd like to continue to do so...

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭REFLINE1

JonathanD wrote: »
    Well maybe hate was a strong word to use but I use Betfair mainly so I'd like to continue to do so...

you can transfer the cash in Ulsterbank directly to your Betfair account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JonathanD

But don't you need to have an Ulster Bank account? According to the Betfair site you cannot deposit cash into your account...

Advertisement