Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance

Options
  • 23-03-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am a healthy 28 year old Male non smoker (big into sports) who has not had insurance since I was 23 and was wondering what the best basic plan would be for me. I see the VHI are doing a deal on thier one plan for €639 euro per annum. Details below. If anyone could suggest other providers that provide a better deal at a similar cost please let me know. Feedback much appreciated

http://www.vhi.ie/info/lifestages/productDetails.jsp?key=One_Plan

Comments

The HIA have a comparison calculator on their website here

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

VHI's One Plan has loads of excesses on the plan and reduces cover from Plan B in many instances.

If the excesses are not a problem you might as well go for a policy that gives some money back for gp visits etc for in and around the same price.

· What is important to you in what you require from a health insurance policy ?
    · Access to public or private hospital?
    · Where are you living?
    · Do you play sports?
    · Will you need extensive cover for scans?
    · Do you want full or limited cover for orthopaedic surgeries?
    · Is paying a lower premium now more important than having to pay excesses if you are sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭billyhead

broker2008 wrote: »
    VHI's One Plan has loads of excesses on the plan and reduces cover from Plan B in many instances.

If the excesses are not a problem you might as well go for a policy that gives some money back for gp visits etc for in and around the same price.

· What is important to you in what you require from a health insurance policy ?
    · Access to public or private hospital?
    · Where are you living?
    · Do you play sports?
    · Will you need extensive cover for scans?
    · Do you want full or limited cover for orthopaedic surgeries?
    · Is paying a lower premium now more important than having to pay excesses if you are sick?

Thnsk for the reply Broker In answer to your questions

I do play sports and a semin private room would suffice. Some money back from GP visits would alos be a help. Also access to scansand some orthopediac surgeries if ever needed would also help. What would you suggest? Go with Quinn Healths starter plan perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭billyhead

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lady_marmalade

Bump.

I don't have health insurance. Am I mad? Why do I need it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

billyhead wrote: »
    Thnsk for the reply Broker In answer to your questions

I do play sports and a semin private room would suffice. Some money back from GP visits would alos be a help. Also access to scansand some orthopediac surgeries if ever needed would also help. What would you suggest? Go with Quinn Healths starter plan perhaps?

Not all questions are answered so difficult to give full answer. The lower Quinn starter plans are full of excesses. What is your attitude to excesses? Location is also important as some private hospitals are not covered with Quinn so you need to check. Company Care Starter would possibly be nearer to what is appears you might be lloking for.

Advertisement