Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish army Brodie Mk II helmets

Options
  • 23-03-2010 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I'm interested in obtaining an ex Irish army helmet the MKII Brodie style. The light green ones with the painted badges. Had a look on the net but nothing much shows up. Is there any place here that sells them or do you have to hope one turns up at a car boot sale?

Plus what price would you expect to pay? If it's silly prices I wouldn't be interested though.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Hi airvan,here is one such helmet currently on ebay http://cgi.ebay.ie/STAHLHELM-IRISH-PATTERN-STEEL-HELMET-POST-WW2-ERA_W0QQitemZ310198319997QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMilitaria?hash=item483942bb7d ,this helmet to me is well overpriced,they do turn up and normally sell for at least half that on the Internet but your best bet is most likely a militaria fair.If you check out the events thread here on the militaria forum the lads keep it updated with all the relevant information regarding the upcoming fairs and meets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭airvan

Quick reply thanks. Yes that does seem a silly price. Considering you can get 'authentic' British WW2 helmets for much less than that. I'd rather buy one of those than pay over the odds for an Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 garymac27

Hi Arvin,

I have a couple of these helmets <EDIT?>

Thanks
    Gary:D

Gary no buying or selling is permitted on the forum,all for sale and want lists may be posted on www.adverts.ie .Once an advert has been placed then a link to that advert may be posted here in this thread which is allowed.Moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

garymac27 wrote: »
    Hi Arvin,

I have a couple of these helmets <EDIT?>

Thanks
    Gary:D

Gary no buying or selling is permitted on the forum,all for sale and want lists may be posted on www.adverts.ie .Once an advert has been placed then a link to that advert may be posted here in this thread which is allowed.Moderator

Just to clarify: there is a special option for the Militaria forum. You can post your adverts.ie links as well as your sales text to one of the moderators here if you want your items included in the For sale/wanted thread.

Advertisement