Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nella's Story

Options
  • 22-03-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I came across this story on Don Miller's blog. (He is the guy who wrote Blue Like Jazz, which I just happened to have started reading.)

"What is the story about?", you may ask. It's a good question! Well, without giving the game away, it is the story of the birth of one woman's child. And like all good stories, it has elements of joy, love, heartache and grace. No "whys" are answered. Indeed, any possibly answers would have been utterly insufficient and unwelcome in the face of the loving response. I was suspicious of both Miller and claims that he cried after reading it. Simply put: I haven't cried in years, and I didn't expect to tonight. But I did.

http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html

(It's quite a long read, and I found Readibility an excellent tool that augmented the text size and layout)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Thanks fanny, will get around to reading it when I can, sounds like its gonna be a good read.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Thanks for the link, Fanny. I found it very inspiring. It sounds like that young woman is surrounded by a lot of very sensible people.

PS. I didn't cry - but that's because I'm a heartless git.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Lovely story - thanks for posting it :)
    Beautiful photos too..

Advertisement