Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton latency issue

Options
  • 22-03-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

I don't know if it's a latency issue or not, but I'm getting a weird problem at the moment.

I only just bought Ableton last week, so it's probably a silly rookie mistake, but in a current project, I've 3 audio tracks, an instrumental loop, a drum loop, and an acapella, and while the first two sound fine, the acapella sounds very laggy. It sounds almost like it's two separate tracks playing slightly out of time with each other...any suggestions as to what's wrong, or what I've done wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

check your warp mode in the acapella clip... the default is "beats" which might be causing the distortion ... change it to complex.

if it is on complex then your warp markers may be out... turn off warping to check then turn back on and place warp markers correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I deleted all the default warp markers and then set one myself, then changed the tempo to what I knew was right (I knew the tempo from beatgridding it on Traktor). I'll try changing it to complex and see what happens though, thanks.

Advertisement