Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Impact - Gay Byrne tonight tv3

Options
  • 22-03-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭

So were all going to be treated to some car crash TV, can't wait!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

So were all going to be treated to some car crash TV, can't wait!

I am sure the families whos lives are ruined woud be delighted to read that

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

Should be an interesting show might wake some people up and teach some to be more careful on the road...... Not something to joke about though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

Im going to watch it.

It should be interesting though the fact its a TV3 thing has me alarmed, I havent seen a decent production from that channel, ever. Though, RTE isnt too far ahead. Out source to the BBC ;):p

Anyway, I hope I end up having to eat my words and its a great production. We need some form of wide spread education for the idiot road users and even the ones, like me, who think we are doing fine without the need for further teachings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ryan T wrote: »
    I am sure the families whos lives are ruined woud be delighted to read that

What do you mean? It's car crash tv that's the way it's advertised. The programs called impact not be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

What do you mean? It's car crash tv that's the way it's advertised. The programs called impact not be safe.

Its called tragedy on irish roads

A little respect please- thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I presume it going to be the usual RSA over the top, speed & young men cause all accidents and will kill you if you go near them nonesense then
    blurb wrote:
    First of a two-part documentary exploring the effects of traffic collisions in Ireland, featuring talks with the family members of victims of fatal crashes, plus those who survived and have been left with disabilities. Members of the gardai and emergency services also reveal how being the first on the scene affects them. Gay Byrne presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

Drunkmonkey show respect for the hundreds of people who die on our roads every year :( its all funny until its your family thats on TV :( I hope it shows other people the danger and sadness that is left behind :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I think I'll record it and watch it about 30 mins after it starting and then finish it live. Tv3 - the advertising channel, on a par with american tv.

I presume it going to be the usual RSA over the top, speed & young men cause all accidents and will kill you if you go near them nonesense then

If thats it. . . I cant think of how annoyed Id be if thats the case!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i think gay byrne blames young drivers for everything,anyone can be killed on the road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Gay Byrne is a clueless fvcking muppet.
    With him presenting I can only imagine..

"and here we have a crash and the reasoning behind this was proven to be poor judgement and lack of concentration, now even though they were travelling well within the speed limit, if they had been going slower they might not have been killed.. Remember, speed kills"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is it a sign of the lack of research thats gone into it that they kept saying they were in a 206 but all they kept showing was a crashed 306?

"drink driving is dangerous, drink driving and speed is a lethal combination"

god he is an idiot

And now they move on to the drink driving bit where they show two non fatal events to drive home a no drinking message?

And now heres the speed kills everything crap

/turns over to the good wife

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Young people dont drive fast. On my way down the M7 yesterday an old lad in a clio was doing well over 100mph and was passed by two elderly females in 320 BMW doing at least 90MPH

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mc Love wrote: »
    Young people dont drive fast. On my way down the M7 yesterday an old lad in a clio was doing well over 100mph and was passed by two elderly females in 320 BMW doing at least 90MPH
    Two 'older' people driving fast doesn't mean that young people don't do it also!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

draffodx wrote: »
    Is it a sign of the lack of research thats gone into it that they kept saying they were in a 206 but all they kept showing was a crashed 306?

a member of the general public is hardly meant to know the exact model of every car. I take your point but it's hardly a reflection of the quality of the programme.

MarkN wrote: »
    a member of the general public is hardly meant to know the exact model of every car. I take your point but it's hardly a reflection of the quality of the programme.

Gay Byrne called it a 206, I presume he would have had a script that would have had to be researched?

It was a fine program. Got the point across, to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

That's fair enough so, didn't hear that bit.

Don't think it's as bad as we all expected it to be as a show just the wrong presenter perhaps but he's not the focus of it that he couldve been.

was ok indeed not as bad as expected but not as good as it could have been

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Gay Byrne called it a 206, I presume he would have had a script that would have had to be researched?

What caught me was what Jim Mc Daid, I was driving a big enough car I probably would have been ok! ( I don't think it had been that well edited either)

No 206 in this clip but it gets across McDaid's point, what your driving makes a difference.

Remember Kids, if your going to drink and drive get yourself an S Class.;)

• Advertisement

was ok indeed not as bad as expected but not as good as it could have been

Actually 5th gear and top gear did better 20 minute segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mistee

drunkmonkey can you have bit of respect, i was at my boyfriends house as that programme started last night and his mother started to cry as it came on and walked out of room as her son was a killed year and half ago......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

MarkN wrote: »
    That's a researchers job, and a mistake like that is (IMO) a fairly clear indicator of the level of research that went into the programme as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I thought the bit where GB recommends the wearing of cycle helmets even though they are not mandatory was weird. He's the head of the RSA, make them mandatory you muppet if you think they are that important.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 phaidi

i missed part two of this documentary does anyone know if i can watch it online anywhere or if it is going to be repeated?? thanks

Advertisement