Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced text messaging software

Options
  • 22-03-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Im looking about for a SMS text service software. There are many online but Im just not sure which is the best for me and which is the cheapest.

Im looking to do many things with the software so Ill try my best to include everything Ill need.

Customers may be charged in two ways: Charge-per-message and weekly subscription.

The main thing I need with the software is lots of keywords. I believe some providers offer 2 or 3 with a package, but I will need many more. However most include a heavy fee of €20 to €30 each.

The service will have many options, set to the format of menus. eg: reply 1 for sport, 2 for news, 3 for lifestyle, etc. On replying 1, customer will receive: reply 1 for football, 2 for tennis, 3 for horse racing, etc...
    Can these softwares do this? Or is this to be done yourself by programming.

Another thing Ill need is an auto reply. These would be instant replys, and others at specific set times.

Thats the software needed, but here are some other problems Im coming across:

Difference between express and normal text message. Is it needed for a text message business to go express from the start or can this be introduced later in time. Due to the difference of 2c per text, Id rather go normal and stay normal for good.

Also, and here is a tricky one, is it possible for me to accept the charge of the incoming text. eg. Reply to this message with your name. You will not be charged for the reply.
    Then I would accept the text charge, at my bundle cost. ie 4c

I will be using a five didget number for the text line so again the software must be able to support this.

Thanks for any info folks...

Advertisement