Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy Suit

Options
  • 22-03-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I've just bought a navy suit and was wondering if i can wear a black shirt with it? Also could i wear a white tie with it?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You could... but I doubt it would look great.

Why do want to wear it/Where are you going to be wearing it, and we'll see what'd work.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Fajitas! wrote: »
    You could... but I doubt it would look great.

Why do want to wear it/Where are you going to be wearing it, and we'll see what'd work.

Was just wondering if it could work, I've a ball to attend

I'm thinking of black tie and white shirt now, probably work a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    Was just wondering if it could work, I've a ball to attend

I'm thinking of black tie and white shirt now, probably work a lot better

Black and navy clash. Dont wear black with navy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

No. And never wear a black shirt.

You will look like a **** footballer/gangster/bouncer and never as cool as you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

No. And never wear a black shirt.

You will look like a **** footballer/gangster/bouncer and never as cool as you think.

Black tie and white shirt? Eughhh. I've seen it before and it is painful to watch. THe tie is usually some horribly cheap glossly looking thing with a big fat knot that sits down loosely on the collar. Usually contrasting against a badly shaved chicken neck.

If you want to know about dressing properly then read a bit here.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/index.php

Get a properly fitting dark charcoal suit, properly fitting white shirt and a decent tie that wears a good knot. Most importantly you have to learn how to tie a good know, dimple and all. As it is a formal event you can dress it up a bit with a pocket square. Everything fitting right, colours flowing and get the details right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement