Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table Tennis Limerick

Options
  • 22-03-2010 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey there

Anyone know of any table tennis clubs in the Limerick Area . I did hear before of one in UL but not sure if that still is there

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Yang

I'm a good table tennis player n properly trained years ago..if u wanna give a few games..give me a shout I'm in limerick:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 frameman9

where do you play ?

we have table in our apartment,not the best condition as those in the club but definely fine for a few game and pratice..where do u play?

no where at the moment. i used to play a bit when i lived in dublin , but was trying to find some sort of club in limerick to play with now i'm down here. its a good game .i thought there would be a few , but have not come across anywhere at moment.

i could give u a few game at my apt if u have racquets as i left mine in dublin..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tipper1

I know there are a couple of good players in Hillview Sports Club, Clonmel if willing to travel.
    Not sure what kind of club the have but maybe worth contacting and they may know more.

Thanks Tipper 1. Though i spend a lot of my day on the road , i dont fancy driving again to Clonmel for a Game. If i was closer maybe ..Yang , might have to take you up on that offer. Might PM you during the week or coming while and arrange something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

There is one in abbeyfeale and one still in UL

UL are hosting the Senior Schools International Table Tennis Championships the weekend after next as far as i know.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 quickdraw1

Did ye find anywere to play in limerick really intrested in playing

Hey there. Havent yet. was going to look into the UL one but completely forgot. Looks to be the only main one so far. Like you , i would be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

isnt st michaels table tennis club still open?its just off henry street beside the main post office.ill find out tomorrow and let ye know.

cheers , crazy geryy !

ok st michaels is no longer a table tennis venue its all snooker tables now.

but the limerick lawn tennis club is having a table tennis open night on the 15th of october (friday).basicly they need 48 people (16 teams of 3).there will be 7 or 8 table tennis tables, finger food and prizes on the night.its 5 euro a man and its in aid of the club.all are welcome.

so i guess if you want to play table tennis thats the place to be.

if anyone is interested pm me and il get back to you.

frameman9 wrote: »
    no where at the moment. i used to play a bit when i lived in dublin , but was trying to find some sort of club in limerick to play with now i'm down here. its a good game .i thought there would be a few , but have not come across anywhere at moment.

well guys it turns out that the university of limerick still play or have a table tennis club monday and thursday nights at 9pm.and i for one will be there next thursday night lol

hey ,let us know how that goes as i would be interested in that too. keep us posted as to whats involved / nights / all welcome / cost /regestration etc etc.

any update on the ul is it still going on there

quickdraw1 wrote: »
    any update on the ul is it still going on there

im going out there tonight at 9 so ill let you know tomorrow.any people ive asked seem to say its still on.monday and thursday nights at 9pm

Think I might head in myself tonight also

well i went last night.there were 7 tables in use and 3 or 4 more in storage that could have been used so no problem getting a game.loads of space there as well.its a great place to play.

the only thing is there was no one there in charge so to speak.you just get out a table and play.
    so it would be good if you brought someone to play with although id have no qualms asking someone to play.it would be good if someone was in charge so you could swap people around and vary who you play with if you get my drift.

and i didnt have to pay which was good but weird.i asked at reception whos in charge of it and they didnt know lol.

bottom line it s great place to play.mondays and thursdays at 9 people.see you there.

quickdraw were you there?

not there last night but will defo be there on monday great to hear its back there

• Advertisement

Hey . Was there Tuesday night for an hour and there was 7 or 8 tables in play with another 4 in storage . Will be going back thursday night . Anyone know if its a club setup as it just seemed people turned up and played with not much mixing around of players etc and went home

frameman9 wrote: »
    Hey . Was there Tuesday night for an hour and there was 7 or 8 tables in play with another 4 in storage . Will be going back thursday night . Anyone know if its a club setup as it just seemed people turned up and played with not much mixing around of players etc and went home

no club set up that i could see and i made a few phone calls as well and i was told to ring the students union.no joy with them.last year there was a coach but he left.so yes thats it people turn up play and go home.id love to ask people to swap around but i get the feeling they wouldnt like it????????

Cheers. I get that impression also. Hopefully ill see you there and we can try and change that mentality and dont' be afraid to come over and ask me !!. better if people could play with other players alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grahamhickey1

Hi
    i was wondering if table tennis is still going in ul mon and thurs . Anyone have a good website to buy a bat and what type should i buy . I was at an ok standard 15 years ago but have lost touch with it since then . Any help would be great

hey there. Yep still going on both Mondays and Thursdays from pm at the back of the courts. good nights . Alot of i chatted to would be similar in that they have'nt played for a while , but soon back in the swing. Good bunch turn up on the various nights. As for you bat question, dont know myself as i have mine for ages , but some of the very good guys would probably know. Bats there to be used to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Screed77

Hi
    i was wondering if table tennis is still going in ul mon and thurs . Anyone have a good website to buy a bat and what type should i buy . I was at an ok standard 15 years ago but have lost touch with it since then . Any help would be great

TT still going on Monday and Thursday nights , if looking for a bat you could check out www.tftt.ie/ seems to cater for all standard of players and budgets and is willing to give advice if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Youmarkmywords

Hi guys,
    Just saw this thread. Interested in heading along myself. I'm presuming this club/event is still up & operational? Just to confirm, do I need to bring anything I.e. Bat, etc.
    Haven't played since about 10 years ago but I used to be reasonably ok. It really is a great game. Yer help / advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 uztop

Hi, unfortunately the club in UL is closed for the summer :(
    Do you know of any other place to play in Limerick?

Hi all there is a new club set up threw Limerick sports parntership it's on in the Limerick school project Tuesdays 8 to 10 4 euro all levels also coaches there to help out all level of players

• Advertisement

Think there is one in the sports dome place out on the ballysimon rd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement