Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnett crossbow spares?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been offered an old Barnett Crossbow, I havent seen it yet but have been told that its around fifteen years old.

I know that they're restricted and will have to get a license for it, I'll just be using it on targets on my own land.

I wont see the bow until during the week so I dont know what model it is, I presume its a recurve bow?

The limb was broken when it was new, its still in the box it came in, would I still be able to get spares for such an old model?

Cheers Murph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Hmm, at a guess I'd say it might be difficult. For recurves bows (not crossbows) most limbs are interchangable and very replacable, but if you had a recurve from 15 years ago it wouldn't as the international fitting system wasn't about back then (AFAIKA).

Crossbows are rare enough as it is, best is to contact barnett themselves I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Cheers for the reply, I'll post pics and details when I get it during the week and I'll email Barnett then.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

The crossbow is a Barnett Wildcat 2, looking for spares now!

Advertisement