Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Troubles' ghosts?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi,

i was wondering if anyone had heard about any hauntings connected with the conflict in NI?

obviously its all a bit current and raw for the relatives of those involved, so perhaps specifics aren't a good idea - but i wondered, given that 3000 people died, often in the most appallingly traumatic circumstances, if rumours had started to curculate about hauntings from the period...

if we believe that apart from our own sub-conscious, 'trauma shadows' are likely to be the most promising explanations for hauntings, it would seem to me that NI's past - and indeed that of the whole island - would be crawling with hauntings.

any views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

FFS. For someone who actually lived through this I actually find this a bit offensive. I'm sure none was intended though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why would it be classed as offensive, he's just posing a valid query

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 [IPIC]Darkghost

Well, Just because someone dies doesnt really mean theres going to be hauntings, and since we dont know what happens after we die theres no way of telling when a haunting is going to happen or if they do at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

people die everywhere all over the world. Im sure throughout history people have probably died on nearly every bit of land in ireland, but that doesnt make everywhere haunted.

okioffice84 - I was born there just before the **** started and lived there right through the very worst of it. Don't be so sensitive, Im sure the OP didnt mean any disrespect to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

FFS. For someone who actually lived through this I actually find this a bit offensive. I'm sure none was intended though.

I from reading the topic post do not feel he or she was being offensive in any way, but just asking a question, it would be like asking because of the battle of cromwell or the viking wars if them areas where haunted,

I have always stated that true out history so many battles where fought, so many plagues where around and not let forget the famine, that there is no way of saying just because one area is more active than another is because of any of these factors. every inch of land trough out ireland has a story to tell of tragedy so does that mean the whole of ireland is haunted or the whole earth for that matter, l isint that why we are all here to seek answerers to all of questions like this,
    Or to try give explanation to why one location is reported to be active and not another, I think for generations ot come people will be still looking for answerers to questions like this, But i for one will still try seek if i can if ever find some answerers to reports of paranormal activity

• Advertisement
Advertisement