Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for laser eye surgery

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

So I'm thinkin of gettin laser eye done. I've had consultations with Ultralase and Shandon street private hospital in Cork.

Quite impressed with both, but just wondering about prices. Ultralase was twice the price of Shandon. Ultralase quoted total €3700ish for lasek v. €995 per eye in Shandon, both prices are off the top of my head so not exact cause I don't have my piece of paper here.

Just wondering does anyone know why there would be such a huge discrepency in price, I know the Ultralase includes wavefront and Shandon doesn't but I can pay €400 extra to include it though.

Don't want to be cheap with my eyes just for the sake of it but don't want to throw two grand away either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Thibor

I got mine done almost 3 years ago, cost me about €3k with the Wavefront.
    Have to say, it wasn't a bad procedure, over within 20mins or so.
    Never had a problem with my eyes once I got the protective lense out (that was just a mild irritation by the way).
    I looked around at a few places and (it's not something I do often) opted for the more expensive places. They're your eyes, last thing you want to do is look for a bargain when getting them done.

I would recommend getting it done though.
    I'm not into looking good or anything, I just never liked glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 microfinance

Well I must say I have been very happy with my experience. The only drawbacks are you cant play any contact sports for a month afterwords and you cant exercise for a week. You cant wear contacts for a week before the surgery and you cant wear eye make up for a week after. (Im a girl by the way. so wearing eye make now whenever i want is brilliant!) I got mine done with Optical Express, had the consultation in Mahon Point, Cork and the actual surgery , in Newbridge, Co. Kildare. I am nearly 1 month post surgery now and its brilliant, back football training at the moment and delighted with the results!I still suffer from dry eyes at the moment but that is to be expected for another few months. I was -3 so it has made a huge difference to my life not needing to wear glasses and contacts. Also been able to go out on a night out and enjoy waking up the next morning without sore sticky eyes! Also if you want i can give u a voucher that gives you 150 off the cost of treatment with optical express, just PM me or reply on this thread. also be happy to answer any questions you have!

Advertisement