Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp Duty on New Build

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering I am in mid process of buying a new house, now the stamp duty mentioned to me at the time differs from what my solicitor is quoting, solicitor is 3x as much.

Happened to be talking to the seller again today and he insisted he was right and that as the value of the land is greater than 1/4 cost of building + land that you still take VAT off the value of the land before you remove your quota(125k) but it would appear the solicitor is working out the stamp duty on the land with the VAT still included so I am not sure who is right - anyone have an idea - anyone understand my rambling post :)

Cizizens advice has a good explanation but doesn't make it clear whether it is VAT on the land or just VAT on the building on the land.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/housing/owning-a-home/buying-a-home/stamp_duty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,964 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Accommodation & Property

Advertisement