Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque abroad

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭

I want to send a sum of money to a friend of mine who is currently living in South America, specifically Colombia. The best way for me to send this money is by cheque (no way am I sending cash to Colombia) but I'm unsure if this is possible.

I called my bank, AIB, and the person who answered said that the cheque COULD be lodged into a bank account over in Colombia. However, she didn't give me the impression that she was sure so this is why I'm asking here.

My question is, does anyone know for certain that a standard cheque from Ireland can be lodged for certain abroad, specifically in south America. I'm pretty sure it can but I want to be certain before I send it. Also, would there be any issue in lodging a cheque for a euro value when Colombia uses peso?

Thanks in advance :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

RichardAnd wrote: »
    I want to send a sum of money to a friend of mine who is currently living in South America, specifically Colombia. The best way for me to send this money is by cheque (no way am I sending cash to Colombia) but I'm unsure if this is possible.

I called my bank, AIB, and the person who answered said that the cheque COULD be lodged into a bank account over in Colombia. However, she didn't give me the impression that she was sure so this is why I'm asking here.

My question is, does anyone know for certain that a standard cheque from Ireland can be lodged for certain abroad, specifically in south America. I'm pretty sure it can but I want to be certain before I send it. Also, would there be any issue in lodging a cheque for a euro value when Colombia uses peso?

Thanks in advance :).

western Union might be better/safer/cheaper/faster

Advertisement