Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Rental

Options
  • 22-03-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

This might be the wrong place to post, so mods please move as appropriate..

Im looking to rent a van for a couple of days in June to move in with my boyfriend, but all the sites I've tried have an age restriction of 25years in place atleast! (Im 24). Does anyone know of a company willing to rent a van to a 24 year old?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Try posting to the Rec/motors section. You might get better advice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

emmahugs wrote: »
    This might be the wrong place to post, so mods please move as appropriate..

Im looking to rent a van for a couple of days in June to move in with my boyfriend, but all the sites I've tried have an age restriction of 25years in place atleast! (Im 24). Does anyone know of a company willing to rent a van to a 24 year old?

That's for the insurance. Try looking into temp transferring your car insurance to van for a day then you can rent without insurance. Don't think you'll find any that do it as they're all under the same restrictions. Thrifty who I used last time are 27. Other than that you'd have to use a "man with a van" type person to do it for you. There's generally advertisements in supermarkets for these type of services for circa €100-150.

vanrentals.ie list 25 to be insured or 21 with own insurance and must hold license for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 emmahugs

Thanks for help. Dan Dooley will do it for ages 24+ so im sorted!

Advertisement