Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find my childhood imaginary friend

Options
  • 22-03-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Ok so I know straight off you're probably thinking I'm crazy but please hear me out.

My DS and has been afraid of something in his room for a few months now. I have since got the room blessed - and BTW no improvement. The priest however did agree with me when I said that children can see things in the spirit world that adults cannot.

My parents and myself were discussing the whole thing and they told me I had an imaginary "invisible" friend when I was small - around ages 2 -5. I used to talk to them and they went everywhere with me, and mam had to set a place at the table for them. I didn't remember anything about it at the time, but at a recent family event my aunt said oh yes - it was a boy! Now initially I had been thinking it was a girl, but when I heard a boy something jogged my memory. They couldn't remember the name, but within 10 minutes I asked " was my friends name X?" They said "yes - I'm 99% sure that was the name, how did you know?"

I can't explain really but it just came to me. But my memory of this is a boy who I played with when I was small. At that age I didn't question who he was or where he came from - I was just glad of the company, as I was an only child living in the country - he was my friend. I remember him, what he looked like, what he wore, and now I have discovered I was the only one who could see him!

Does anyone have any experience of this or know someone who could help me?

I'm not crazy or mad, but I do believe there is more to life than what we can see. Curiosity is just taking me over - I HAVE to find out more.

Thanks for reading - please have an open mind :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

as someone with an interest in the area and being a parent i can understand you concern. Whens kids get involved you really have to sit up, pay attention and take charge. Obviously i hope you get some help here but if you want to discuss any of it in a less public format feel free to drop me a message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

i had an imaginary friend as a child aswell but i never thought they could be a spirit or something that you could communicate with but after i read this im not sure.

Our house was blessed by the priest years ago before i was born because there was banging on the walls,presses and doors opening etc.
    the presses and doors still open but only when no one is in the room.

My older brother had an imaginary friend aswell,are they ghosts or spirits that children can see?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Id say you should have a memory of it was imaginary or not, it would take effort to imagine a human being to talk to and what it looked like etc.

If it was a figure that was just there and you werent just thinking it up on the spot then it could be a spirit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

I_see_dead_people_Sixth_Sense.jpg

Advertisement