Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Mortage advice-Inheritance Property

Options
  • 22-03-2010 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everyone. I need mortage advice. This is as a result of a property valued at €160,000 being inherited by myself and 7 others. Not all shares are even.

I am considering getting a mortage to buy the property. 3 of those 7 will need to be bought out straight away (€60,000). The other four would be contempt with waiting awhile as they would like the property to be kept in the family.

As I say this is unexpected. Im 25 with a degree and recently lost my job. I have a part time now and desperately seeking full time again.

Questions:
    1-Would I get a mortage considering my circumstances? The loan to value ratio is quite low. What type?

2-Legally would the house have to be in my name before a mortgage is granted?

3-Inputs Please!!

It just seems a shame to pass the opportunity to get a property instead of cash. As it is a family home with other family close by I would much rather keep it.

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Everything is fairly irrelevant unless you are approved for a mortgage, which given your circumstances, I would say is unlikely.

The way I see it is this; 8 of you own the house and 3 want their cash. The remaining 5 would need to buy out those 3 then, and not just you alone buying them out. You can then buy out the other 4 at a later date.

This is probably something you need to get legal advise on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meer

thanks for the reply. Helps a bit

Advertisement