Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to college

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just putting this out there to see if I can get some info that suits me.

Basically, I want to do programming. I did an Ordinary Degree in Carlow IT which had some programming in it, for example, C/C++, Perl, Html/PHP which I liked and did pretty well in. I got 95% overal in my first year in C, including prject, and got high enough scores in 2nd and 3rd year for VB6 and PHP with MySQL backend, but I finished this course about 4 years ago!

So anyway, programming is what I'd like to do. Chances are, I'll need an Honours Degree and get up to speed on the latest technologies etc, so since I live in tallaght I figured why not see what my options are in the local IT.

Can anyone tell me if i can jump directly into the final year, or even the 3rd year? Or is there a part time course where I can work and still get the programming degree at night/weekends maybe?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Give Barry Feeney a call

Barry Feeney, Head of Computing
    Department. Tel: +353 1 404-2402.
    E-mail: barry.feeney@ittdublin.ie

He is head of Computing so he should know what's up. Hopefully you should be able to get into 4th year but I wouldn't like to say for definite. If you get into 4th year then I shall see you next year :)

Advertisement