Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 21-03-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hey people,
    It's taken me a while to build the courage to mm ask this question , yes i know for all the skeptics out there I sound crazy, and for those of you who may understand thank you!

Okay so back in Jan like around two days prior to my grandmothers b'day. Okay I will say this, I have been having many issues with my laptop since I've gotten it 3 years ago, BUT (2 days prior to grans bday..) i'd just turned it on and my clock in the bottom right hand corner said 10:55pm i looked away, I can't remember what I was at probably on facebook, looked back 10/15mins later (to check the time) and it was only 8:30pm, I kept saying to myself, I could of sworn that said 10:55 a few mins ago wtf , what's wrong with my computer.

Then I rang my mother (yes silly) and I told her and she said well you know I believe but I don't like to discuss it, but it is your grandmothers bday on thursday...

Then I got it into my head that something was going to happen later on at 10:55pm, I was soooo tired from college & work, making myself stay awake til 11 was a nightmare, the next time i looked my clock it said 23:01 - nothing happened.

What I wanna know is, was it my grandmother giving me a sign or was I actually meant to look out for something happening??

I did ask for a sign a week prior to that in relation to quitting college.. but I never got anything back. I mentioned that to my mum the following week and she told me not be so stupid that I wasn't to quit college (typical mum!!) haha soo yeaa I swear my clock flashed 10:55 and I was really creeped out 'cause even if it was just my Laptop messing up that would still freak me out!

Any ideas people?

*Also if you've experienced any weird things with technology, please share your stories (I don't want this thread to be just entirely on my experience & yes im aware there's an area for ghost experiences but I don't think this is for there!!)
    Thanks
    Lisa

ps* my gran is dead she would have been 81 on that thursday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

If your battery died on your laptop and you turned it back on it still sometimes freezes the time you last used it...? Or maybe thats just macbooks:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

pistonsvox wrote: »
    If your battery died on your laptop and you turned it back on it still sometimes freezes the time you last used it...? Or maybe thats just macbooks:pac:

It wasn't stuck on a time, it was a flashing like 22:55pm and then you look away and look back and think hang on it's only 20:30pm lol

In terms of macbooks vs (whatever this is!) it's never happened before, I mean i'd only used it a half hour before that it was on standby/sleep mode!

To my personally it's weird and quite creepy, seeing as nothing happened later that night at five to 11 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

There is that weird time phenomenon thing that can happen that people in this forum know about.....

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

It sounds more than likely a bug in the system to me, sometimes random things can happen on computers because other background systems or programs just interfered with it, please try not to pay it anymind.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

A quick google says that clock issues are usually associated with your CMOS battery dying, whatever that means

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/my-clock-keeps-changing/2862.html

Nothing ghastly I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It sounds too random to be a sign or anything. Now if the time indicated your grans birthday or something Id give it more credence. But it could easily have been a mistake on your part, or a computer glitch. So I wouldnt read any more into it.

And as mentioned, if your computer battery is dying (its a small lithium battery that maintains settings like the clock) then the clock will play up, and be slow, but that will happen regularly when the batt is about to fail.

PS. Dont let the battery fail. Get it replaced if thats it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Dave! wrote: »
    A quick google says that clock issues are usually associated with your CMOS battery dying, whatever that means

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/my-clock-keeps-changing/2862.html

Nothing ghastly I reckon
    Unfortunately I've seen this many a time before, as said above its due to the CMOS battery dying.

I would say this is the most likely explanation.

Advertisement