Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Kitchen Appliances

Options
  • 21-03-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello, I am thinking to get an induction hob and a wall-mount chimney extractor from IKEA. I am wondering if anyone has any good or bad experiecnces with their kitchen appliances.

I understand that these are supplied by Whirlpool for Ikea. For example, FRAMTID HIN 4T induction hob and NUTID HW560 extractor seem nice pricewise, considering that they come with a 5-year warranty.

German appliances are my usual favourites for anything electrical, but Siemens are quite dear for these products, and I came across a thread about De Dietrich hobs which seem to sustain a common expensive problem. I am staying away from Bosch this time due to a short life of my Bosch Classixx fridge freezer. Is their Exxcel range more promising? A food for thought goes on endlessly...

Thank you for your opinion on this.

aldente

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

aldente wrote: »
    Hello, I am thinking to get an induction hob and a wall-mount chimney extractor from IKEA. I am wondering if anyone has any good or bad experiecnces with their kitchen appliances.

I understand that these are supplied by Whirlpool for Ikea. For example, FRAMTID HIN 4T induction hob and NUTID HW560 extractor seem nice pricewise, considering that they come with a 5-year warranty.

German appliances are my usual favourites for anything electrical, but Siemens are quite dear for these products, and I came across a thread about De Dietrich hobs which seem to sustain a common expensive problem. I am staying away from Bosch this time due to a short life of my Bosch Classixx fridge freezer. Is their Exxcel range more promising? A food for thought goes on endlessly...

Thank you for your opinion on this.

aldente
    Always bought everything of miele = expensive but washingmachine is now 15 years old and still working without ever seen any repair
    Bought kitchen stuff 2 years ago in germany , rented a van drove to germany and bought the lot there

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭aldente

Bought kitchen stuff 2 years ago in germany , rented a van drove to germany and bought the lot there

Oh, that's fantastic, if only I could do that!! I have been to Germany several times and it seems that most of the kitchen items are considerably cheaper there.

Thank you for your comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murphyep

aldente wrote: »
    Oh, that's fantastic, if only I could do that!! I have been to Germany several times and it seems that most of the kitchen items are considerably cheaper there.

Thank you for your comment.

Hello,
    Have you details of any online site where I can buy miele kitchen appliances?

Thanks,
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

murphyep wrote: »
    Hello,
    Have you details of any online site where I can buy miele kitchen appliances?

Thanks,
    Eddie

http://www.miele.de/ae/domestic/company/4270.htm

http://www.miele.de/de/haushalt/home.htm

success with it

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭canine

We have a fridge/freezer american style ,which is 5 years old,the fridge side is no longer cooling properly and wont set at 2 degrees ,as a result milk and everything else is going off,the freezer side works fine ,does anyone know if this is a simple fix or are we goosed

• Advertisement
Advertisement