Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Haulage Licence For HGV

Options
  • 21-03-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

how ye doing im looking to get a haulage licence. can anyone tell me the requirnments are to recieve one. where do i go about getting one? and whats the cost involved?

thanks
    darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

You'll need to get your transport managers cpc first . For a list of all thats required go to www.transport.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

It costs nearly 1200 euro for course and exam, allthough the rsa are changing the law which would mean you could share someone elses licence which would be handier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PNEE1

I donethe transport managers course about 3 yrs ago. It cost 1500 quid and took about 3 months of night classes etc. Its a lot of hassle. Nevered used it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Don't you also have to prove that you have haulage work available (or is that in the UK?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PNEE1

Don't you also have to prove that you have haulage work available (or is that in the UK?)
    I think so. That shouldn't be to hard to prove, a letter from another business sayin they have work for you will do. There's a lot more to be got first, such as a suitable premises, letters from accountant sayin you have 9k in cash to back the first truck on the license and 5k for each truck there after. Yoy have to be of good repute, not involved with another transport company etc. Lots of stuff to get for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement