Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great hockey scrap.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

pity all sports don't just let them at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

The commentators actually sound like boxing commentators!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pffft, Rugby League is where the fights are at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

amacachi wrote: »
    Pffft, Rugby League is where the fights are at.

Nah, the hockey fight was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Jim Vandermeer v Aaron Downey going toe-to-toe in the United Center in Chicago.

Neither one of these guys were ever the same after this fight.

Pat Foley making the call from Chicago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

My personal favourite, all happened over the course of 20 mins in the third period too.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

dlofnep wrote: »
    Nah, the hockey fight was better.

They tend not to do that much damage though between the padding and trying to stay upright on the skates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

This is the worst one ive seen, vicious stuff altogether :pac:

They tend not to do that much damage though between the padding and trying to stay upright on the skates.
    They don't hit the padding, the punch in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

lol fair enough, I think the helmets got in the way a few times though. Plus as the commentators mentioned the padding can get in the way of using your full force. Don't get me wrong I respect any sport willing to hold onto its rough and ready origins in that way, and allows guys to tell the refs they aren't finished boxing the heads off one another.

• Advertisement

At the end of the day, all sport is is about getting one over on another man - being the alpha male. Hockey partially skips the bull and gets straight down to business!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

****ing hand bags to be honest

im all for spontaneous fighting and violence but the way its organised in the hockey for ratings is just ****ing stupid

Advertisement