Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent: asking price v. price paid

Options
  • 21-03-2010 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

I'm hearing a lot of people saying that you can expect to knock down an asking price a fair bit on a rental these days. Is that still the case or have prices now been reduced already to their minimum to attract interest?

Particularly, any info on Cork market would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

515 wrote: »
    I'm hearing a lot of people saying that you can expect to knock down an asking price a fair bit on a rental these days. Is that still the case or have prices now been reduced already to their minimum to attract interest?

Particularly, any info on Cork market would be appreciated.

Depends on the local market and the value of the rental. Typically the most expensive places have the best discounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭515

And it's likely that any discounts have not already been applied to the asking price? Or only partially?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

515 wrote: »
    And it's likely that any discounts have not already been applied to the asking price? Or only partially?

Ha, no. On some places maybe but not on most. See how long some places have been on daft. Check out irishpropertywatch for price drop history.

I got 200 off my place a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭515

Thanks, didn't know that site. I saw propery-vultures alright, which is similar.

Fingers crossed for a good deal then

Advertisement