Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bsc in Information Systems - Evening course

Options
  • 20-03-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am currently applying to do this course next October. Just wondering if there are any current of past students of it out there who can tell me what its like? Eg Work load , what the modules are like. Hopefully looking at joining 3rd year due to work experience and previous Ordinary Degree. Also just in general whats it like been a part time student in Trinity. Do you have all the same resources as a full time student has.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 WildRover234

I know two people who did this course - and have been extremely successful in their careers.

I don't think there's any stigma associated with doing the degree part time rather than full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

I'm doing a similar course to that at the moment, Business and IT, also in the evening. We share a lot of modules and the course content itself it quite good.

However, the resources available to evening students is practically non-existant. I'm due to graduate in a few months and when I do I won't be giving them any positive feedback on the experience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Thanks for your replies guys. Yh I went to nci and found it the same. The full timers had tutors, extra classes and help when they found stuff hard. But for the evening people it was just terrible. There was nothing. I was hoping Trinity will be different. Still planning on going though. :)
    preilly79 wrote: »
    I'm doing a similar course to that at the moment, Business and IT, also in the evening. We share a lot of modules and the course content itself it quite good.

What course are you doing? I only found the information systems course for evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Business and IT. It's no longer offered and this year is the last it will be run.
    i'd strongly recommend you study elsewhere ...

Advertisement