Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diary of St.Faustina

Options
  • 20-03-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have just watched a documentary on St.Faustina of the Divine Mercy. I got it from my local Parish, someone left is a free gift ( I hope lol ) and we picked it up and took it home to watch.

I'd prayed the Divine Mercy chaplet before but my knowledge of St.Faustina and her Diary is limited. I was wondering if any Catholic here has read her Diary in full and if they could describe to me their experience of the Diary and how it brought them closer to God?

sfv.jpg

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/stfaust.htm ( you can read about St.Faustina here )

Pax Christi
    Stephen<3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Hi, I have just watched a documentary on St.Faustina of the Divine Mercy. I got it from my local Parish, someone left is a free gift ( I hope lol ) and we picked it up and took it home to watch.

I'd prayed the Divine Mercy chaplet before but my knowledge of St.Faustina and her Diary is limited. I was wondering if any Catholic here has read her Diary in full and if they could describe to me their experience of the Diary and how it brought them closer to God?

sfv.jpg

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/stfaust.htm ( you can read about St.Faustina here )

Pax Christi
    Stephen<3

Hello Stephen, I read it about 5 years ago and I recently started it again. I can easily say, it's one of the most amazing books I've ever read. St. Faustina had an incredibly close relationship with Jesus and suffered terribly in order to save sinners (she was a "victim soul").

Throughout the book Jesus speaks of His incredible mercy for sinners and how much His Sacred Heart burns with love for us.

Get it asap!

God bless,
    Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

kelly1 wrote: »
    Hello Stephen, I read it about 5 years ago and I recently started it again. I can easily say, it's one of the most amazing books I've ever read. St. Faustina had an incredibly close relationship with Jesus and suffered terribly in order to save sinners (she was a "victim soul").

Throughout the book Jesus speaks of His incredible mercy for sinners and how much His Sacred Heart burns with love for us.

Get it asap!

God bless,
    Noel.

Thanks Noel, my wife is reading it at the moment, she got it from my dad, and its actually the book that he bought before St.Faustinas canonization and therefore still harbours the title ''The Diary of Sister Faustina''.

at my local parish I'd often sung the prayer on guitar, and when approached with the question of ''Have you read it'' I shamefully admit the answer ''No'' :o lol.

There was also a miracle performed through her intercession at her shrine in Poland which is what lead to her beatufication and Sainthood.

It's a big book and a long read, how long did it take you to finish it?
    and could you perhaps share with us your favourite part of her Diary? although I'm sure there are many favourite parts you have and it would be difficult to pick out one

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

It's a big book and a long read, how long did it take you to finish it?
    Took me about a week as far as I remember.
    and could you perhaps share with us your favourite part of her Diary? although I'm sure there are many favourite parts you have and it would be difficult to pick out one.
    Good question. I'll let you know when I finish it again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

kelly1 wrote: »
    Took me about a week as far as I remember.

Good question. I'll let you know when I finish it again. :)

A week?:eek: may God bless your reading capabilites Noel because I would find it difficult even gettin past a few chapters in a book each day lol.

I guess you'll be letting me know as soon as next week then? taking into account the info above :P:pac::D

Pax Christi
    Stephen

Advertisement