Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with old skis?

Options
  • 20-03-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

During a house clearout I found a skibag with 3 pairs of skis (also two pairs of poles). Three different makes - Salomon, Fischer and Spalding. I can't tell from any other marking which year they were made, but I know they have to be at least 10 years old.

I know nothing about skiing but I believe that skis date quickly. Is there any use in trying to sell these items? And before anyone suggests to just sell the bag - the zip was so stuck I had to cut the bag open to see what was inside.

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

No harm in advertising them for small money and if you don't get any offers, just give them away for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

You might be able to give them away. I doubt anyone will buy them. Technology has changed in the last ten years, and I don't think anyone wants to go back. What length are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

I would be suprised if you get any buyers who want to use them as actual skis but there is a huge market for old skis from Bars and collectors.

Bindings can be used as coat hangers and there are a million uses for old skis from wine holders to clothes rack, beer holders and shot trays.

Advertisement