Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ty?

Options
  • 20-03-2010 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I NEED HELP!!eek.gifconfused.gif i have ta make the desicion weather to go into 5th or ty by monday and i am compleatly on the fence! i have 4 very close friends,3 are like me,they dont no wot ta do and then da other 1 is defo doing it(but she has other close friends doing it). I'd really like to do young scientist and that would be the main draw for me,would ya hav time in 5th year 4 it.Plus got my perfect subjects 4 5th year so mightnt b dat lucky next year!!!
    Is ty reallly expensive? and lastly does it really feck up your brain??Sorry 4 da long post!!!biggrin.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

While I would advise you to do TY, if you have been lucky enough toget your subjects it might not be as good an idea.

Judging by the way your friends are, if you do TY, they prob will too.

You do get loads of opportunities to do something different, and have loads of time to do stuff like Young Scientist, YSI, Gaisce, Young entrepreneur etc., and most of these aren't expensive toenter or organise.

If your school has a good TY co ordinater, then you should have some activities or trips organised for the school. Some of the co ordinators are pure shíte thiugh from what I've heard. Trips are often expensive, but they are optional usually, so you canchoose not to do the more expensive ones.

As I haven't finished TY yet, I don't know if it fúcks up your brain or not, maybe talk to a 5th year in your school, they'll also know how good your co ordinator is.

Hope I helped, let us know what you choose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Vampmcdxoxo

ah feck it im doing ty!! all my friends are and it seems good!:D tanx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

While I would advise you to do TY, if you have been lucky enough toget your subjects it might not be as good an idea.

Judging by the way your friends are, if you do TY, they prob will too.

You do get loads of opportunities to do something different, and have loads of time to do stuff like Young Scientist, YSI, Gaisce, Young entrepreneur etc., and most of these aren't expensive toenter or organise.

If your school has a good TY co ordinater, then you should have some activities or trips organised for the school. Some of the co ordinators are pure shíte thiugh from what I've heard. Trips are often expensive, but they are optional usually, so you canchoose not to do the more expensive ones.

As I haven't finished TY yet, I don't know if it fúcks up your brain or not, maybe talk to a 5th year in your school, they'll also know how good your co ordinator is.

Hope I helped, let us know what you choose!
    Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

Advertisement