Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GFC - VFC HK416

Options
  • 20-03-2010 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi guy's

I wanted to know what the difference is between GFC and VFC ??
    Are they entirely different companies or what's the situation ?

Is the GFC HK416 a good gun ??

Please reply to this if you know anything about this thread =] a.s.a.p

yours in airsofting
    -Tiernan Morrissey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

vfc hk416 used to have amazing externals unfortunately the markings have been destroyed by a company that brought the right to H&K trades and know control there use, they know rebrand vfc hk416 and sell them under the uramax name, if you can find an older version without the new marking your in luck :)

the GFC is a re branded JG hk416by the gunfire shop http://www.gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152192854-GF416SF.html, tbh seem to have strange upgrades for Ireland e.g hi torque gears and motor for a one joule market there is not much need for these, GFC have are meant to have done some extra work and QC

masda did a review on the vfc http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055308097

JG hk416 review http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=50930 some more about if you google it

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Iv worked on a few GFCs m4 and thewy are indeed just rebranded JGs.

the inetrnals whilst looking good on paper are no more than what youd expect from a chinese clone company nowadays, but iv found the bearings on the gear axels are prone to failure, as are the metal teeth in the piston, the mosfet is just a standard one i.e. no active breaking.
    And they do not have a tightbore as standard.

I dont know exactly what GFC do beside put their sticker on the box but i really dont think they warrant the price demanded.

If youre on the cheap go with a Dboys M4(a guarder clear bucking, reshim and 7mm bearings & she sew all day) if you have the cash to splash stick with G&G, VFC or G&P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Puding wrote: »
    vfc hk416 used to have amazing externals unfortunately the markings have been destroyed by a company that brought the right to H&K trades and know control there use, they know rebrand vfc hk416 and sell them under the uramax name, if you can find an older version without the new marking your in luck :)
    Grins smugly to self......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

have one myself so will join you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

There's also a Dboys/Kalash 416, lovely quality and a complete clone of the VFC.,

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    There's also a Dboys/Kalash 416, lovely quality and a complete clone of the VFC.,

It's like the whole Batman Vs Iorn Man thing...Equal or superior in almost every way.

But he'll never be Batman.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlLeCu63HCA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

If I remember correctly, you bought that from me ?

I wouldnt get too smug....I just tippexed the HK trades onto an M4 RAS :p

Shiva wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, you bought that from me ?

I wouldnt get too smug....I just tippexed the HK trades onto an M4 RAS :p

Now I know you are lying.
    A. I've seen your art work. Lets just say you'ld have difficulty forging your own signature. (you never get the right crayon)
    B. The one you sold me doesn't stink.
    Now hurry up with that SCAR or I'll be forced to do something unplesent to Ritchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

I bought the GFC off seairsoft afew weeks back. Couldn't be happier with it, for the price I was blown away by the performance. Audacity rof test came in at 24rps and it can consistently hit a plate sized target (an actual plate lol) at 30-40ish meters.
    And the barrel is diffently a tight bore, digital caliper read 6.03.
    The body it self is just JG but there isn't a single bit of movement to be found through the whole thing, only gripe I have is that the RAS is a hand grater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

I bought the GFC off seairsoft afew weeks back. Couldn't be happier with it, for the price I was blown away by the performance. Audacity ffs test came in at 24rps and it can consistently hit a plate sized target (an actual plate lol) at 30-40ish meters.
    The body it self is just JG but there isn't a single bit of movement to be found through the whole thing, only gripe I have is that the RAS is a hand grater.

I found that as well,rip the bleeden hand of yea like,but I bought a set of rail covers this week and they do the job :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

I bought the GFC off seairsoft afew weeks back. Couldn't be happier with it, for the price I was blown away by the performance. Audacity ffs test came in at 24rps and it can consistently hit a plate sized target (an actual plate lol) at 30-40ish meters.

Not tryin to be smart here but you might want to check the ROF on a chrono, 24rps sounds suspiciously high, given the high torque gearset, motor & bearing piston head, even if running a decent c rating 11.1v lipo

A callipers, digital or otherwise will not give you a 100% accurate measure of bore diameter when your dealing with those sort of increments, you really need a bore guage.

And as with all precission barrels, its not the ID that matters as much as the quality of material & manufacturing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I checked the ROF on a chrono and it came in around that, I think it was 22rps. Enough to make me want one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TiernanMorrisey

Overall is this a good gun to buy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ManBearHorse

Advertisement