Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APC20

Options
  • 20-03-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am relatively new to music production and DJing (got Ableton Live 8 almost a year ago now) but I am very interested in performing live shows in the near future. To do this successfully, I need something along the lines of the Akai APC40, but this is out of my price range, so I've almost decided to go for the APC20 from Thomann at €196.

What I'm wondering is; should I go ahead and buy the APC20 now, or save up for an APC40? Or should I buy something completely different altogether?

Right now I am running Ableton Live 8 with a Behringer U-Control A202 audio interface and an M-Audio Keystation 49e. I've also been looking at the Launchpad, which is cheaper still than the APC20, as an option, but the absence of faders and knobs may be a problem.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i have the 40 and love it.. really its down to your own personal preference (knobs/no knobs faders/no faders) as the are all just controllers anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

I would rather have the knobs, but it's going to take a long time to save up for the '40, so I think I'll go ahead and buy the APC20. I could map the faders to functions usually carried out by knobs, too, although with some inconvencience.

Advertisement