Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Engineering programme between Trinity/INSA de Lyon

Options
  • 20-03-2010 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi everybody,

just wondering whether anybody has done this programme, and if they would tell me a bit about the pros/cons of it.....and if its worthwhile.
    also the level of french necessary. would you need to be fairly fluent to keep up?

i love the idea of working on the continent and this double programme seems a great way to do it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Im not intending on doing it, but seeing as engineering can be hard to keep up with in english, Im guessing you'd need to be almost fluent to do it in french. learning calculus in french doesnt seem that appealing, but whatever your into! hope you can get a better answer off someione with experience than that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Didn't do it myself but knew a few that did. Most who went over couldn't really keep up and ended up just doing an erasmus type year whch required fewer credits and didn't go back for the fifth year. You need to have a high level of french and be willing to put in a hell of a lot of work to pull it off from what I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I've only met one lad who went back to do the extra year, he didn't do overly well in third of fifth year tbh. A lot better then any of the other Irish, but not that great. The standard in Lyon is so far above trinity it's not even funny. The lads that come over to trinity for the year laugh at how easy our courses are compared while most of the Irish either barely pass or fail, even with the reduced requirements. It would be extremely difficult to do well even if there wasn't a language barrier as several of the people I knew who did it where fluent.

Advertisement