Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Board - V Rocker/Banana

Options
  • 19-03-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

The season is coming to an end and I'm hoping to pick up a bargain. I'm looking for something with a rocker shape. Doesn't have to be a burton joystick or a skate banana but something similar. I only know of these two producing this type of design. It has to be the reverse camber shape though... but any company would do.

Obviously the cheaper the better, online is fine too. Any help appretiated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Im not sure if Blue Tomato stock them online but you could try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

All the big companies are doing rocker now..

GNU - Rome - Signal - K2(www)

Ive only rode Lib Tech's Sk8 Banana and the Phoenix.. Both rocker..

Lib Tech are doing loads of Banana boards in their range this year..

Ive heard a few good things about the Rome Notch 1985.. they also do an Agent 1985..

So there a re plenty to pick... Just check out everyones web page...

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I've been looking around for a while now and no joy. There are alot of boards out there with rocker but the prices are all mad. I was in snow and rock recently and they had a joystick for 400. My price range is 200-250, can I get a rocker for this kind of money? At least one thats going to last and not let down in performance due to cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Lib Tech Travis Rice is a great board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

I've been looking around for a while now and no joy. There are alot of boards out there with rocker but the prices are all mad. I was in snow and rock recently and they had a joystick for 400. My price range is 200-250, can I get a rocker for this kind of money? At least one thats going to last and not let down in performance due to cost?

You looking for brand new?? You might get a few second hand ones on e-bay after the season for cheap... Some people(like my cousin) chuck boards every year... madness!!!!

I rode my agent for 70+ days last year 6 days this year.. will go forever that thing..

Couple of these GNU Danny Kass boards on e-bay.. no bids on them yet... http://cgi.ebay.ie/155-GNU-Danny-Kass-Banana-Tech-Mens-Snowboard-RRP-400_W0QQitemZ250601488720QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Snowboards_CV?hash=item3a59034150#ht_500wt_956

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JoeSexton

I would suggest the K2 www rocker - pretty good board and you should be able to find it fairly cheap online. Try bluetomato or SS20, they should have an end of season sale I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I'd kill love to get a lib tech but can't afford it. I'm looking for a new board. I love pow and I'd like to get into the park a bit more next season so need a board that can do both. I remember seeing the K2 cheap enough during my searching but wasn't sure what it was like. I'll keep looking.

Anyone tried any of the Volkl squad boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phili_g

Hey OP,

Check out www.sierrasnowboard.com

I ordered a Burton Custom V-Rocker from them last week, they're doing them half price at $280. Mine is on the way, cost $325 I think including postage. I think once duty and VAT is added in it comes to 305 euro

They also do other V-Rocker boards like The Hero and the X8, they don't do any Lib Tech, but they do Nitro, Arbor, Flow etc and also their own ones which are built from Burton designs

As far as I know they had a falling out with Burton who cancelled their vendor contract, so you might want to get in quick, once they sell all their current Burton stock they won't be getting anymore in

Also I was in great outdoors on Saturday and they have a 156 Skate Banana for 335

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

phili_g wrote: »
    Also I was in great outdoors on Saturday and they have a 156 Skate Banana for 335

You cant go wrong for that price, when i bought mine 2 years ago it cost me near €500.

• Advertisement

My custom v-rocker just arrived, no customs charge :D

So total cost was 248 euro - bargain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bambampop

Hi, im just wondering how you got that custom sent from the sierra website. I thought they wouldnt ship burton stuff overseas??

bambampop wrote: »
    Hi, im just wondering how you got that custom sent from the sierra website. I thought they wouldnt ship burton stuff overseas??

Originally they didn't ship overseas, but something happened between Burton and Sierra this year which lead Burton to tear up what ever agreement they had to supply Sierra.

I think this means Sierra can sell off any Burton stock they have and ship internationally, but as far as I can see they won't be selling any Burton in future.

At the moment Sierra are doing free international shipping, so it's even cheaper to but from them, they are sold out of the Custom though.

Unfortunately I got a bill of 55 euro for VAT from FedEx, seems as though they pay the VAT for you and bill you afterwards (and add on a €10 administration fee)

Still a brand new Custom V Rocker for €300, not too shabby

Now all I need is some snow.....

Advertisement