Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into new apartment...but no keys??

Options
  • 19-03-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Thought I'd post this here as well as in legal advice.
    Really looking for anyone else who had this problem and solutions.

Okay I'm moving into a new apartment in about a week. Signed and returned a new lease the first of March. They showed me an apartment the day before i returned my lease, but told me I won't be getting that particual one because someone else turned in their lease and they are getting that one. But they have another one coming up when by the end of the month. We agreed, now the landlord is wanting on getting the keys from the old tenants and i still haven't even seen the new apartment. I am wondering what will happen if they don't get the keys by move in date? I put down a $300.00 deposit and assume I will get that back and a voided lease.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,045 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Your lease was signed on apartment X, they are now attempting to lease you a completely different apartment (or perhaps one similar to X but is not X) so your lease does not stand and you are entitled to a full refund of your deposit, provided of course that you didn't sign a new lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ecarter4

Your lease was signed on apartment X, they are now attempting to lease you a completely different apartment (or perhaps one similar to X but is not X) so your lease does not stand and you are entitled to a full refund of your deposit, provided of course that you didn't sign a new lease.

That's what I thought also, and would seem to be common sense but I will have to check with US and State laws.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

If your based in the US you should have said so in the first post....as this is an Irish site people will give advice based on Irish law unless you say otherwise.

Advertisement