Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Payment Protection.

Options
  • 19-03-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

Ive recently been made redundant and will have to go to the bank to ask them to start the payment protection on my loan. Which it says in the policy can run for a maximum of 12 months. My question is though, once the protection has kicked in. Do the bank keep tabs on your situation i.e are you seeking work!

The reason I ask is i've been given an opportunity to work abroad for the summer from May to Sept, and this situation only works if I am able to take a break from this loan.

Any information on this would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Please read the Charter regarding 'dishonest dealings'. You must inform the bank if you secure employment. If you need to take a payment break on the loan, you should discuss this with your bank and see if they will be able to accommodate you.
    No Dishonest Dealings.
    Don't ask how to get around repaying debts/defaulting/giving false information for loans etc - basically if it's not above board, and legal, it's not allowed. This includes advising posters to do it/how to do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement