Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMF/Finfacts - More room to fall?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

The quote "Real price of Amsterdam house only doubled in more than 350 years" refers to one house. Hardly sufficient to make a statement about the whole of Amsterdam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

ZYX wrote: »
    The quote "Real price of Amsterdam house only doubled in more than 350 years" refers to one house. Hardly sufficient to make a statement about the whole of Amsterdam

you have better data?

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    you have better data?

Yes. My backside is itchy and I saw 3 magpies today. That means house prices will rise.

Both are just as scientific I am afraid. You cannot make statements on price movements in a city over 350 years based on one house. Maybe when it was last sold it was in need of total refurbishment

Yes. My backside is itchy and I saw 3 magpies today. That means house prices will rise.

Both are just as scientific I am afraid. You cannot make statements on price movements in a city over 350 years based on one house. Maybe when it was last sold it was in need of total refurbishment

you should read the paper, that Amsterdam house is only a headline grabber

he worked out prices for countries and long term trend based on OECD data going back to 70s, which you can go and verify yourself

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    you should read the paper, that Amsterdam house is only a headline grabber

he worked out prices for countries and long term trend based on OECD data going back to 70s, which you can go and verify yourself

I did read the paper. It offers no new info that I can see. I know the Amsterdam house is just a headline grabber. My point is you also used it as a headline grabber on this thread when it is patently nonsense.

• Advertisement

I did read the paper. It offers no new info that I can see. I know the Amsterdam house is just a headline grabber. My point is you also used it as a headline grabber on this thread when it is patently nonsense.

I used it to start a discussion centred around the belief that some people still have about "property always must going up"

the very same belief is being used by our ministers who think prices will somehow rise 25% and NAMA will work out

Advertisement