Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn off storage heater completely

Options
  • 19-03-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How turn off this storage heather completely as i will be away from home for 6 months. nobody will occupy during this period

i turn off 2 switches near the storage heater, checked the storage heater after 5 hours, it is still generating heat , not sure what's happening.:confused:

Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

Storage heaters take in energy overnight and then release the heat the next day. It will be tomorrow before they stop releasing heat.

By the way don't forget to inform your house insurance company that house will be empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scchiw

Thanks for the reply.

So i think when i turned off the 2 switches beside the storage heater then i am good to leave the unoccupied house without wasting unnecessary electricity which the bill will kill me when i am back.

Advertisement