Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech BS110N 6v 3.8ah needed

Options
  • 19-03-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I need to get one of these sealed Lead acid batteries to replace a dead one in an Eircom phonewatch alarm. Would anyone know who the distributor is or where I could get one?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

Just a normal Joe Soap who needs a replacement battery! Can you help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just a normal Joe Soap who needs a replacement battery! Can you help me?

Jesus.

I can help you if you tell me where abouts in the country you are, I'm not looking for your address. Cork? Dublin? Waterford?

It's hard to tell you where you can get one if I don't know where you are.

Don't worry I won't be getting the PSA after you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there,
    I need to get one of these sealed Lead acid batteries to replace a dead one in an Eircom phonewatch alarm. Would anyone know who the distributor is or where I could get one?
    Thanks in advance.

I can get you one also if you need it. It is for the simon alarm system. Sometimes the alarm needs to be put in walk test if the power is after being off to get the low battery off the system. Very easy to do if you want me to talk you through it over the phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

JEM Security Products 01 4566124

• Advertisement

I'm in Dublin. The power has been on and off a few times over the last while, having work done on the house. The battery was last replaced in 04, so would it need to be replaced? Or does the system just need to be reset? It is for the talking Eircom phone watch alarm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

6 years old? No harm to replace it.
    Do you have a mul;ti meter to check the battery voltage?

I'm in Dublin. The power has been on and off a few times over the last while, having work done on the house. The battery was last replaced in 04, so would it need to be replaced? Or does the system just need to be reset? It is for the talking Eircom phone watch alarm.

Only way to know for sure is to test the voltage on the battery with a multimeter but if you dont have one you can do this.
    You need to drop the lid, enter your user code, go into walk test. Walk test the sensors on the system then exit out of it. If the battery is ok the low battery message will have gone.

Any problems, let us know..

Just tested the battery with a voltage meter and it is reading 6v, so it looks like the battery is fine. Will try the walk in test tonight and see how I fare out.

Just tested the battery with a voltage meter and it is reading 6v, so it looks like the battery is fine. Will try the walk in test tonight and see how I fare out.

The battery just needed a good charge to get the voltage up, any problems with the walk test feel free to contact me..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 coco79

I got this 6V 3.8AH size battery for Phonewatch alarm at Europower Battery Centre in Glasnevin (01-8300884) just last week. Took me a while to find a distributor in Dublin for them!

Advertisement