Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual smell of nail varnish coming from sewers?

Options
  • 19-03-2010 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

My problem stems from a difficult situation with dodgy incompetent builders next door who have made a complete mess of neighbours property and ours. We have already had a major oil leak on their side which severely affected our property. Just as soon as we get the smell of kerosene out of the house I am now smelling a sweet nail varnish smell in our downstairs loo, hall and also outside the house near a shore. Given the complete mess the builders made of the house next door (who were also fired a few weeks ago), I have to wonder if this smell is related. My dad thinks it's related to cellulosis paint (sp??) in the water system. Last week the newly appointed builder had to lift the cobblelock of neighbours in front and back as the system was completely blocked and they found pipes unconnected etc. I'm no expert in these matters but I am fearing the worst now as my suspected oil leak turned out to be a major problem a few months ago. Any advice on what action to take re insurance company, environmental health, drain services or a private drains company? What could it be?

Thanks for any advice offered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,332 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd talk to the council drainage department.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

make sure to contact your own insurance company asap.dont worry they will pursue next doors insurance for you.if you have well water dont drink it till you get it tested.look after your own interest.previous link mayhelp.http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055791207

Advertisement