Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for help....

Options
  • 18-03-2010 10:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭

People ,

It isnt often i cant find what i need on the interwebs , however this is one of those times.

I desperately seek STRONG magnetic euro currency (coins obv.) , I've tried tango euro coins , also tango strong 50 cent coins ( they arent by the way - strong i mean).

Anyone out there seen them , or even read about them ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

horgan_p wrote: »
    People ,

It isnt often i cant find what i need on the interwebs , however this is one of those times.

I desperately seek STRONG magnetic euro currency (coins obv.) , I've tried tango euro coins , also tango strong 50 cent coins ( they arent by the way - strong i mean).

Anyone out there seen them , or even read about them ????

I think Tango are the only ones who produce gimmicked euros.

Maybe you could buy some shells and put them over very powerful disc magnet.
    http://www.indigo.com/magnets/gphmgnts/Nd-small-disc-magnets.html

Can you explain what you need it for without going into too much detail about the effect?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I actually found a place in Japan ( of all places ) who do very good and also very strong magnetic coins.

cost about €40 imported each , but apparently the best around. I'll get one in and then post a review of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Would it be possible to use a shell with a really strong magnet inside?

Not really , I want the coin to be completely examinable both before and after the effect. Of course then swap it out for a regular 50 cent , get the coin signed and bend it in the spectator's hand.

anyway , the coin is ordered ( given the shipping price i got 2) - a very nice man called Nakashima Kengo (kreis magic)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Link to where you discovered them P?

• Advertisement

I just filled in the "contact us" bit here : http://www.kreis-magic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

horgan_p wrote: »
    I just filled in the "contact us" bit here : http://www.kreis-magic.com/

For future reference btw, I have seen shells out there that come in two halves, which can be nested back to back. I saw them marketed as a security device in which to hide a microsd card (I believe I saw them on thinkgeek). Something like that might also be an alternative.

Advertisement