Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restaurant????

Options
  • 18-03-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

looking for a restaurant in the city,..somewhere with a really nice atmosphere and bistro style food...I know of loads of restaurants but looking for somewhere a bit special that i've never been to before..

...suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

The Kylemore Café?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

This place looks nice http://www.thebistro.ie/index.php. Never been there, but will be going next week.
    Do a search on menupages.ie to get a look at some menus and find somewhere you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

In fairness what's special about the Kylemore. OP, depending on your budget L'Geuleton on Fade St is good, big portions, really nice food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

Please God not Kylemore. Not sure if the food has changed much since it was done up, but last time I was there (around this time last year) it wasn't great. Its the sort of place that you would go for a big lunch if you were up from the country and going to a football match!!! (i'm from the country myself so I can say this!:p )

L'Geuleton has very nice food but can be very expensive and there isn't a great selection on the menu. Last time I checked they had their old menu on the website but you'll get an idea what it's like from it. They also don't take bookings which might be an issue if you are going with a big group.

While I havn't eaten there yet myself I've heard great things about The Exchequer (on Exhequer St.). It's only been open a few months but anyone I know that went to it seemed to love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Green19 on camden street is great - a basic menu but the food is excellent. Its very cheap too. You might want to book ahead though as its busy every night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The OP asks for
    a restaurant in the city,..somewhere with a really nice atmosphere and bistro style food...I know of loads of restaurants but looking for somewhere a bit special that i've never been to before..

And you suggest
    The Kylemore Café?
    :eek:

Worse still someone else replies
    This place looks nice. Never been there, but will be going next week.
    :confused:

That place isn't called vylemore for nothing.

Def L'Geuleton jumped out as a great place. Great food, lovely restaurant. The staff are a bit up themselves but the food and atmosphere makes up for that.

I would also recommend Chez Max. I love that place. Equally good food and great atmostphere, slightly more friendly staff. Between the two I'd chose Chez Max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Have to say passed Marco Pierre Whites place and looks lovely. Bistro style food too.

Just waiting to get a recommendation for that or Dylan for a dinner date.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

Coppinger Row perhaps? Check it out on Menupages.ie to see if you like the menu. It's on the side street beside the Powerscourt Centre. Wouldn't be as fancy as Marco Pierre White's. Also ate at La Maison (formerly La Maison Des Gourmets) recently as that definitely has a 'bistro' style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

John_Rambo wrote: »

I would go here, I think its a lovely little place and the food is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Littleroo

For great atmosphere Toscana on dame st. is great. I was there last sat and we had a great laugh with the staff. really good value too. 4 of us..2 course meal each and 4 bottles of wine was under 200 euro !

http://www.toscanarestaurant.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

The Port House on South William St or Pintxo's in Temple Bar. Great Tapas in interesting locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hermunkla

Littleroo wrote: »
    For great atmosphere Toscana on dame st. is great. I was there last sat and we had a great laugh with the staff. really good value too. 4 of us..2 course meal each and 4 bottles of wine was under 200 euro !

http://www.toscanarestaurant.ie
    Thank you to the Boards people in this thread who have supplied info. on dining.

Advertisement