Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to give up

Options
  • 18-03-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm drinking way to much at the moment.....didn't drink for most of January and most of feb but the last few weeks I've been drinking almost every night.(on my own,in my bedroom so flat mate doesn't notice).
    I'm fed up...i feel depressed. i want to tell someone but the words just won't come out ...as far as anyone knows i only have a few at the weekend.....i socialize with most of my friends through drink....I'm fairy shy (painfully )boarders on a phobia at times so i use drink to help relax....Also drove to buy more drink last night after drinking 7 beers and half a bottle of wine (on my own)...never did that before.
    Sorry for moaning ...I'm not always like this..I've had spells before where I'd drink solid for a month or 2 then go back to only at the weekends...but something feels different this time.....I'm hoping it's the final kick in the teeth i need to finally face up to things...stop running ...stop hiding.
    I've been reading through some of the threads on the forum and some great stories of other peoples successes...like to think i could write my own someday......
    Cheers for reading this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Fair play for posting fella. Ya don't need me to tell ya that drinking on your own in secret and drink driving reall sets alarm bells off and says that the drink is starting to take you over. Anyway, i won't lecture ya but keeping it all in is very dangerous. Maybe you could talk to your doctor, or at the very least www.samaritans.org
    It's very dangerous keeping all of it to yourself and tha fact that you even wrote that post shows you're reaching out for help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dego99

Thanks for that...feel a bit stupid now....all very dramatic.
    Going to talk to a mate tomorrow who gave up himself.....i think he's probably been expecting this phone call for a while...i'm not suicidal or anything just fed up...still go to work every day and call up to see the folks...i haven't completly givin up...
    Thaks again for the post...

Advertisement