Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliding wardrobes question

Options
  • 18-03-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi all - just wondering if anyone here has got sliding wardrobes installed or if they have any recommedations for a good reliable supplier? I've looked at Sliderobes and they're lovely but a bit pricey - just wondering if there is a cheaper alternative out there........thank you...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Western_sean

We priced a few suppliers in the end we went for the ikea ones they came in at about 25% of the sliderobes quote! I had to put them together myself which wasn't that difficult - it was time consuming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

There are several firms around the country now. I'm not located in your area but also priced Sliderobes as they are reputable but expensive - this was almost 5 years ago. Ended up going with Robeplan and they couldn't have done a better job. Very professional. They dismantled old wardrobes and installed new wardrobe in one day - it consisted of three large sliding doors and all the internal shelving as I designed with the sales person/designer several weeks prior. Def shop around as prices will have changed and you should be able to get references for firms in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sliderobes

We came across your question and thought we would do our best to help. Firstly thanks for pricing SLIDEROBES®, we really appreciate you considering us. Whilst they seem pricey, they are of excellent quality and they do last a very long time - we have customers who have been using their's for over 20 years without any problem. We also offer a 10 year guarantee for peace of mind, as we have since 1983! We also pride ourselves on our service and attention to detail, so to paraphrase an old adage "The quality remains long after the price is forgotten" really does apply here. Hope this is useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

@sliderobes.
    That concrete block ye left propping up the side.

Can i take it down now ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magheraclogher

Anyone out there have an up-to-date experience/opinion about sliding wardrobes. got a quote from Sliderobes which nearly floored me however maybe their quality (as they claim themselves) is far superior to any other brand. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

As I mentioned back in 2010, we had a triple wardrobe installed floor to ceiling in our master bedroom; three big sliding doors - two ends are mirror (as room is small and this does make it look brighter and bigger) while the middle is white frosted glass. Inside was made as we requested and includes everything you need from drawers to rails at different heights, shelving, etc. We also have our tv in it (so if you're planning to do that be sure to leave a cable out for it and you can have the socket added once it's done. That said, after being installed in 2005 I think, it is in perfect condition. Would definitely have them in again if I needed more installed elsewhere and two neighbours have gotten them since and were delighted with the work. If they are in your area, definitely have them give you a quote as they were considerably less than Sliderobes and I found the quality to be great - and it's all done in a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magheraclogher

Thanks for your reply. I thought Robeplan was in administration - are they still doing business?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Thanks for your reply. I thought Robeplan was in administration - are they still doing business?
    Appointment of Liquidator: Robeplan Fitted Furniture Limited
    15 June 2012
    Ian Lawlor of JPA Brenson Lawlor Limited was appointed Liquidator on the 15th June 2012

Registered address: Unit 14D, Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate, Dublin 10
    Last accounts filed: 31/12/2010
    CRO number: 387254
    http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/home_more_details/12-06-

15/Appointment_of_Liquidator_Robeplan_Fitted_Furniture_Limited.aspx

Type Company
    Number 387254
    Name ROBEPLAN FITTED FURNITURE LIMITED
    Address JPA BRENSON LAWLOR HOUSE
    ARGYLE SQUARE
    MOREHAMPTON ROAD
    DONNYBROOK DUBLIN 4
    Registered 14/06/2004
    Status Liquidation

Effective date: 20/06/2012
    Last AR Date 14/06/2011
    Next AR Date 14/06/2012
    Last Accounts to Date 31/12/2010
    http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=387254&type=C

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm locking this thread as it is over two years old. If anyone has any issues, please PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement