Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gone to that App school?

Options
  • 18-03-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

http://appschool.ie/

The reason i ask is i'd love to get my head round even some basic iphone app development but im not sure what level of OO programming skills you need. I did Java in college(First year only) and i was decent at it there but when i asked them, all they said was you need to be "comfortable".

Would love to do it but i cant until i find out if i would be wasting my time or not so if anyone knows or can take a fair guess i'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I have.

If you have a decent understanding of OO concepts, you should be OK, as Objective C is covered from a basic level. I.e. don't turn up without knowing what inheritence means (which presumably was adequately covered in college).

If you've only basic programming experience, you should be OK, but you might have to do a bit of homework on the first day, or two, to make sure you understand that day's work (or you could get lost very quickly).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

cgarvey wrote: »
    I have.

If you have a decent understanding of OO concepts, you should be OK, as Objective C is covered from a basic level. I.e. don't turn up without knowing what inheritence means (which presumably was adequately covered in college).

If you've only basic programming experience, you should be OK, but you might have to do a bit of homework on the first day, or two, to make sure you understand that day's work (or you could get lost very quickly).

Thats great, cheers buddy. Im evidently too far behind to do it, i'd probably have to take another programming course to be at an appropriate level. Thats exactly what i wanted to know, thanks again.

Advertisement