Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self administered pension fund

Options
  • 17-03-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Folks,

I am a new father and considering starting a pension for me and my family and I'm doing some research.

I am reluctant to sign up with a fund manager. I think I could possibly do a more efficient job myself and limit the risk. I am a partner in a limited company and I have an investment residential property which is not my ppr. What I would like to do is use this property as my pension fund. I.E Pay off capital as my pension contributions and then when I retire (35 years), I'll have a source of income (rent) and an asset.

Is this possible and could it be considered a SAP?

What are the limitations, ltv, interest only, remaining term of mortgage.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Many Thanks

Luke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 johnc2212

Hi Luke,

you can set up a SSAP with a pensioneer trustee with your company being the employer and through that you are permitted by revenue to invest in arm's length property deals, equities and other investments. If you own the property already you won't be able to transfer into your pension.

LUKE 2 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I am a new father and considering starting a pension for me and my family and I'm doing some research.

I am reluctant to sign up with a fund manager. I think I could possibly do a more efficient job myself and limit the risk. I am a partner in a limited company and I have an investment residential property which is not my ppr. What I would like to do is use this property as my pension fund. I.E Pay off capital as my pension contributions and then when I retire (35 years), I'll have a source of income (rent) and an asset.

Is this possible and could it be considered a SAP?

What are the limitations, ltv, interest only, remaining term of mortgage.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Many Thanks

Luke

Advertisement