Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile

Options
  • 17-03-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience with Tesco mobile? Their prices seem very fair http://www.tescomobile.ie/OurPricePlans.aspx

Currently using O2 speakeasy - which is a good service (and your credit doesn't magically disappear) but has seriously expensive call charges :eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

I changed over from O2 billpay to Tesco Mobile pay as you go about 6 months ago and it has saved me a fortune. All calls to all networks are 20 cent a min, but when you top up by €10 or €20, they double your credit. So calls work out at 10 cent a minute really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    I changed over from O2 billpay to Tesco Mobile pay as you go about 6 months ago and it has saved me a fortune. All calls to all networks are 20 cent a min, but when you top up by €10 or €20, they double your credit. So calls work out at 10 cent a minute really.

Is tesco top-ups sold at shops generally, or do you actually have to go to tescos (or do it through the bank, or whatever)..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tesco use the O2 network and personally I would prefer to deal directly with my service provider and not a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

Is tesco top-ups sold at shops generally, or do you actually have to go to tescos (or do it through the bank, or whatever)..?

you can get them in Tescos and anywhere they sell O2 credit. You can top up online or you can top-up from the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I use it too and it is cheap but if you have any friends on 3 mobile you can't receive call from their phone.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I use it too and it is cheap but if you have any friends on 3 mobile you can't receive call from their phone.

You can now that was sorted a month ago

http://www.comreg.ie/about_us/hutchison_3g_ireland_limited_interconnects_with_tesco_mobile_ireland_limited.43.1024.whatsnew.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Can you keep your old number? As far as I can tell it changes from 086 to 089 >>> does this make it impossible for people to contact you on your old number :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can keep number your original number including the prefix; 086 for example

Advertisement