Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a quick question on flight punch

Options
  • 17-03-2010 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting the target flight punch from Dats Corner to help keep the flights in the stems. Should one use the standard springs or the stem clips (pigeon rings)?

What are you using to keep the flights in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

sounds a smart answer but it is not: good tight shafts will always keep your flights in. when they get a bit loose from either getting hit with the next dart or from taking on or off flights, change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I never understand why people want their flights to be locked in so to speak. I prefer my flights to pop out when my grouping is tight as a flight that will try to stay in after it hits the other dart will deflect the point. The deflection might be minute, heck it might even deflect into the target, but I still feel better knowing my flights will slide out easily, also the flight popping out looks sweet.
    It could be argued that the 3rd dart might hit the empty stem and find more purchase for a deflection but i dont think I have ever had that happen any more than the infrequent robin hood shots.

Advertisement