Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage/Mechanic in D15

Options
  • 17-03-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Hi -

I am looking for a garage or Private mechanic to look at my car who wouldn't take me for an idiot and make me pay for crazy thing I don't need ... let me know.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

SM Motors--Sean...<snip>..In the laneway that runs behind the cottages facing the old Guarda station in blanch village.

Ive another one, but I haven't used him yet, so I wont recommend him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sorry JeffK, posting of phone numbers is not permitted. You can pass it on by PM if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Strange I thought I put one up before and had no problem,of to pm land with me and my numbers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I can highly recommend Discount Tyres and Auto in Rosemount Business Park. No connection, just a very happy customer. My last car was troublesome and they were very helpful, much cheaper than other garages in the area that quoted for a specific problem and for other stuff they explained everything and offered options. Never have I felt they took advantage of my ignorance of all things motor! They're now open all day Saturdays too which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Can recommend Dave McCann in Coolmine Industrial Estate or Eamon in Micar, which is just around the corner on the Clonsilla Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

athtrasna wrote: »
    I can highly recommend Discount Tyres and Auto in Rosemount Business Park. No connection, just a very happy customer. My last car was troublesome and they were very helpful, much cheaper than other garages in the area that quoted for a specific problem and for other stuff they explained everything and offered options. Never have I felt they took advantage of my ignorance of all things motor! They're now open all day Saturdays too which is great.

I have used them a couple fo years ago for servicing and they're easy to get to from my work. I called them earlier, sounds like I can just drop off the car anytime, so I will do that in the morning.

cheers all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Eleonora

bf wrote: »
    Can recommend Dave McCann in Coolmine Industrial Estate or Eamon in Micar, which is just around the corner on the Clonsilla Road.

Our car failed the NCT so we brought it to Eamon (Micar). He was very affable (which makes a change from most mechanics) which impressed us. We left the car in, put it through the re-test on Saturday and... it failed again. On the exact same problem (brakes)! The problem had not been fixed at all and this is after spending €400 (cold hard cash).

Our end date to book a re-test is 7th June but there are no re-test slots available before that day. I was told that we are to put the car through a FULL test for the second time (€50). The next available date is 31st July. The car is not road worthy hence cannot be driven. If I'm stopped by the coppers, it's 5 points off my licence. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

If its the breaks why not take it to fast fit. Have a talk with them and show them your NCT report. If they cant fix it they will tell you.

There are a couple of great mechanics up in Parslickstown Industrial Estate. They call themselves Paul and Simon, "don't laugh". 2 Polish lads. Very good and very, very cheap. Saved my wife €400+ on getting her window regulator fixed. The cheapest quote was about €550, they did it for €140.
    Their No. is 0851276412

Mods delete No. if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Micar motors just outside the coolmine industrial estate are brill. No connection to myself but been using them for years now, very reasonable, professional and friendly. Can't recommend them highly enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Just to clarify, the new rules regarding recommendations of businesses can be seen here.

I dont have any issues with what is here so far, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

There is also the motoring forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Micar motors just outside the coolmine industrial estate are brill. No connection to myself but been using them for years now, very reasonable, professional and friendly. Can't recommend them highly enough.

For balance I must say my experience was exactly the opposite....

Advertisement