Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Age

Options
  • 17-03-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I recently bought Bad Company 2 on xbox and cannot play online because I am 12 on my account will I be able to play EA games online when I am 13?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ppkpatrick

Tried you can't change your age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's rated PEGI 16, so you gotta wait 4 years then.

I'm sure there are other ways though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ppkpatrick

Unless there is some other way to change your age

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alan_007_

Thats a balls alright.I mean,you're after paying enough for the game already and then they have the cheek to tell you that you can't use the best feature of the game :(.If you don't have too much left in your live account you could just create a new account with an age of over 18 and switch to that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The age rating is written on the back of the box and its illegal be sold to a person who is younger than that age. Its your fault not EA`s fault in all fairness.

Who's it rated by PEGI? not sure how much legal clout they hold.

All the same I've never heard of this happening before and normally it says that "online interactions are not rated"

other than making a second gamertag or something?

The age rating is written on the back of the box and its illegal be sold to a person who is younger than that age. Its your fault not EA`s fault in all fairness.

I think pegi ratings are only a guide AFAIK.Anyway its not just violent games.I can't even play Tiger Woods PGA online.Unless theres some hidden adult content online that I'm not aware of ;) (giggidy).Ironically though,I can play MOH airbone online without any hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Well PEGI have rated it 16 due to the violence, so it shouldnt be sold to anybody under 16. In the same way you have parents giving out about how violent games like Manhunt are despite the fact they have 18 ratings. Shouldnt be sold to minors.

You actually going to help the guy or just confront him?

Well PEGI have rated it 16 due to the violence, so it shouldnt be sold to anybody under 16. In the same way you have parents giving out about how violent games like Manhunt are despite the fact they have 18 ratings. Shouldnt be sold to minors.

Ok that game is rated 16+.What right do EA have to stop me from playing a game whose age rating I am older than?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

celtic723 wrote: »
    You actually going to help the guy or just confront him?

well in fairness age ratings are there for a reason but its up the the parents or people selling game to implement it, but in saying that my cousin couldn't play tiger woods online because he had a child account on his xbox

• Advertisement

So by that logic:

The the drinking age in this country is 18+ so what right do the goverment have to stop me from drinking.

Their is a very good reason why their are age ratings. BTW I am not being a spanner I played quite violent games when I was your age (and still do). I am just pointing out the other side of the arguement.

I was talking about games such as Tiger Woods which I have paid full price for and whose age rating I am much older than (14 btw).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

So by that logic:

The the drinking age in this country is 18+ so what right do the goverment have to stop me from drinking.

Their is a very good reason why their are age ratings. BTW I am not being a spanner I played quite violent games when I was your age (and still do). I am just pointing out the other side of the arguement.

Look I'm 100% against parents etc. not buying games for people under the age, but the issue at hand is the OP's inability to play online - the drinking age and PEGI guidline is a stupid analogy, as one is law one is an industry in-house standard,
    OP unless you can change the age on your EA account or I'm not sure link a different newly created EA account then I think you're out of luck and would need to set up a new Xbox Live Account and a new EA Account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

ok, so how bout legal highs, industry standard not to sell to under 18s...
    OP, i do symphatize but to be fair, you can't really complain if its written in big red and white letters on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

PEGI is a guideline, it is not law, the ratings on Manhunt and GTA are legal, they have been passed to the certification board and been given the rating. However in the states it is a different story, any age on a box is legal, so chances are the US rating is affecting you because either the servers are in the states, or the company has been lazy and just copied its net code over to the european servers

Advertisement