Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help need advice on hair please!!!!

Options
  • 17-03-2010 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all i'm new to this so please bear with me
    Basically my hair is dyed a kinda red/brown (and grey lol) at the minute
    I want to get hi lights put in my hair and was thinking of getting the L'Oreal couleur experte home dye that has the overall colour plus the hi lights
    Did anybody try it and how did it come out?
    Also do i need to try and strip the red out first?
    I was blonde this time last year and dyed it brown twice and its been reddy colours after that, and i would like to get my hair to a nice lightish brown with some bolnde hi lights, i can't afford to go to the hairdressers to get it done so any help or advice would be great thanks xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Hi there, I used to use this a couple years ago when I was dying my hair red myself .... they had this amazing shade of red (Morello Cherry). TBH I didn't use the highlights too much because I was really afraid to make a mess of my hair. But basically its just a mascara brush that you brush through little strands that you pick out. I think it was ok because the highlights in the red dye weren't too light really.

However, if you are trying to go brown with blonde highlights from red, it can be difficult as you don't know how the blonde will mix with the red. My advise if you are home dying would be to go just brown for a couple of goes and then start going lighter. I've just been through this process and the red is a nightmare to get rid of. I went to get mine done professionally and its only now after a year that its starting to come good. They put in a brown 'wash' and a couple of highlights first. Then a couple months later I just got a lot of highlights and well it looked terrible really, way too blonde. The next time they did a better job of mixing the high and low lights and I like it now. Its hard work changing colour!! I loved the red (a lot of people thought it was my natural colour!), but I think Loreal stopped doing that colour, cos i couldn't get it anywhere (I could only get it in one shop as it was! :rolleyes: ) and I just never found another product that had that shade .... so I began the long road of going back to blonde.

But anyway, I've gone off the point. I think the Experte is very good, as long as you are careful highlighting :) As long as you only use small strands at a time you should be ok. If you can get someone to help, all the better.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

go to a student hairdresser and have it done properly (they're supervised by a trained hairdresser), or at least to start with and maintain it yourself. By the time you've spent the money on the dyes and potentially fixing any screw ups (it's hardly a simple transition you want) that might happen, you'd either only be spending a small amount more, if not less than trying yourself.

Advertisement