Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo on boards

Options
  • 17-03-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw a banner on our own boards advertising Anglo Irish to consumers.

According to the media they no longer deal with your average Joe :D

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Moved to Feedback.

Feedback mods, apologies in advance if this is the wrong place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Saruman wrote: »
    Just saw a banner on our own boards advertising Anglo Irish to consumers.

According to the media they no longer deal with your average Joe :D

You assume the boardies are "average joes", Anglo have an add in the Indo today, so if they can advertise there, why not on boards.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Why was this moved to feedback? I would have thought banking was the right place for it. I was just curious about Anglo because the media were making a big deal out of Anglo being bailed out and only existing for the sake of it and would not be dealing with new customers.

Their website and the ad on boards indicates otherwise.

Would anyone use them now?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Seems like he's asking about the bank, rather then anything specific about Boards, I've moved this back to banking for the time being.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

Saruman wrote: »
    Why was this moved to feedback? I would have thought banking was the right place for it. I was just curious about Anglo because the media were making a big deal out of Anglo being bailed out and only existing for the sake of it and would not be dealing with new customers.

Their website and the ad on boards indicates otherwise.

Would anyone use them now?

Why wouldn't anyone use them? They've been nationalised - not wound up. Shareholders lost out, not deposit holders.

No reason not to use them for deposits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Does anybody know anyone whos a customer of the bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

ColHol wrote: »

Lots of them (but cannot be mentioned on a public forum unless the information is already public knowledge).

What's your point though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭homer911

ColHol wrote: »

I was, until all the revelations about the directors and their shareholdings and loans. Out of principle I closed my deposit account - despite the good rates

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

homer911 wrote: »
    I was, until all the revelations about the directors and their shareholdings and loans. Out of principle I closed my deposit account - despite the good rates

A man of principles - nicely done!

I also refuse to bank with them. That said, I have an account with AIB and they're just as dirty...

Advertisement